Personal Representation
From Experienced Charleston Family Law Attorneys

Modifications To A West Virginia Family Court Order

Please Note: Modification Cases are accepted based on current caseload.

After your family court case is concluded, you may need additional adjustments should your circumstances change. If you receive child support payments, you may need additional compensation. You may need an adjustment to your custody or parenting schedule. In some cases, you can modify other terms of a final order as well, like the division of property or terms related to the sale of real property. A modification is a legal remedy usually available to anyone who has received a final order on a child custody or payment arrangement and who seeks a modification. At Lyne Ranson Law Offices, PLLC, we are experienced in assisting individuals and families seek a divorce modification.

You may be able to obtain a modification to a divorce order regarding custody, support, or a visitation or parenting time schedule.

Contact us if you are interested in a divorce modification. We can assist you with any of the following:

Child Support Modifications

We can represent you in a child support modification hearing and represent your interests in the increase or decrease of a child support obligation. With our advocacy, we can help you demonstrate that there has been a significant and continuing change of circumstances that justify a child support modification. A change of circumstances may include a significant change in income by either party or a change in certain child-related expenses, like health insurance or daycare cost. You may be able to modify a child support obligation if your income has decreased due to a health condition, enrollment in school or educational opportunity, or you are the primary caretaker of an infant or pre-school aged child.

Parenting Plan, Child Custody and Visitation Modifications

Our attorneys can assist you in modifying child custody or the terms of parenting plan. To request a modification to a child custody order, you must generally demonstrate a significant change in circumstances warranting a modification such as a relocation, harm to a child in the other parent’s care, or agreement between the parents to deviate from the court order. In some cases, depending on the child’s age and maturity, a child’s preference may be a sufficient reason to modify the parenting plan or custody arrangement. If the other parent is interfering with your parenting time or violating a court-ordered parenting plan, that may be a basis for change as well.

At Lyne Ranson Law Offices, PLLC, we are dedicated to assisting a parent in need of a custody modification. We will prepare a compelling case on your behalf to assist you in reaching your goals.

Spousal Support Modifications

Depending on the terms of your final divorce order, you may be able to increase or decrease spousal support based on a change of circumstances. We are experienced in evaluating spousal support cases and can discuss options based on your specific facts.

Other Modifications

If there are other terms of a family court final order that you want to modify based on a change in circumstances, give us a call to evaluate whether that is an appropriate option in your case.

For more information or to speak with an experienced divorce modifications lawyer, contact Lyne Ranson.

Flexible appointment schedules