Personal Representation
From Experienced Charleston Family Law Attorneys

Parental Relocation Lawyer

A court-ordered parenting plan or visitation schedule is often put in place based on the best interests of the children at the time of the order. However, circumstances may change, which will require a modification of the order. One of those circumstances may involve relocation with the child to a new place that will impair the other parent’s ability to continue the current parenting schedule. Relocation may be necessary because you or your new spouse found better employment or educational opportunities in another state or county. You may need to move to care for a family member or be closer to a support system.

At Lyne Ranson Law Offices, PLLC, our attorneys are experienced in handling a number of post-divorce issues such as the relocation of parents with children. If you are looking to relocate, or you want to prevent your former spouse from relocation, our attorneys know how to protect your rights and the best interest of your children.

To ensure that your rights are protected in a relocation dispute, contact our Charleston, West Virginia, parental relocation attorneys at 304-932-0591 or toll free at 304-932-0591.

Protecting Your Rights

Whether you are seeking to relocate or you want to prevent relocation, our Charleston, West Virginia, attorneys can protect your rights.

If you are considering parental relocation:

  • You must give 60 days’ notice before you move away in writing saying where you will be moving, your reason and your new address.
  • Valid reasons for a relocation include moving in with a new spouse, getting a better job, health reasons, safety or removal from a dangerous situation.

Our Charleston, West Virginia, attorneys can also assist you with any of the following:

Our Firm’s Services

If you received a notice that your spouse is relocating, do not hesitate to contact our office in Charleston, West Virginia. Our parental relocation attorneys can provide you with the information you need to protect your rights or even prevent the relocation of your children. You will need to file a motion to stop the relocation as quickly as possible if your spouse has given you notice.

If your children do relocate, we can assist you in implementing a parenting schedule that best reflects your interests and the interests of your children.

Flexible appointment schedules

For more information or to speak with an experienced parental relocation lawyer in Charleston, West Virginia, contact Lyne Ranson today at 304-932-0591 or toll free at 304-932-0591.