Charleston High-Asset Divorce Lawyer
Divorce cases are complicated legal cases that include a variety of emotional and personal aspects, as well as financial considerations. When a couple has significant assets, these issues can become even more difficult to manage and it is necessary to seek counsel of an experienced attorney.
At Lyne Ranson Law Offices, PLLC, our attorneys give you the opportunity to protect what is important to you. Our Charleston high-asset divorce attorneys are dedicated to resolving family legal matters for clients throughout West Virginia.
Business Valuation And Divorce Attorney
In West Virginia, marital property is divided according to a theory of equitable distribution. This means that after your property is divided into marital and non-marital assets, the marital assets are awarded in an equitable manner. In complex asset cases, we will help you protect non-marital assets such as gifts, real estate, inheritance or property accumulated after the date of separation.
Our attorneys will ensure that your rights are protected in high-asset divorce cases involving:
- Dividing a business: Whether you are seeking to divide assets, turn over ownership or dissolve a family business, our attorneys are highly experienced in handling cases involving the division of businesses.
- Prenuptials: If you and your spouse signed an agreement prior to your marriage, the impact on your divorce can be confusing and complicated.
- Alimony: Spousal support can be one of the most contested areas for higher income couples to reach agreement on. We will analyze the factors considered by a Court in awarding or denying alimony, including, the standard of living during the marriage, the length of the marriage, the need of the spouse requesting support and the ability of the other spouse to pay. The Court may also consider the fault of either spouse.
- Hidden assets: Our attorneys are experienced in working with experts in property division, including forensic accountants, to recover hidden or improperly withdrawn funds.
- Marital asset recovery: If you have concerns that your spouse has absconded or taken a portion of your assets, including retirement accounts, pensions, 401(k) and stocks, we are experienced in asset recovery and can assist you in the collection of what you are owed.
Our senior attorney, Lyne Ranson, is a former white collar crime prosecutor from the U.S. attorney’s office and is experienced in piecing together financial losses and fraud in marital asset division.
Mediation And Collaborative Law
If you have a large marital estate, it may be helpful to consider alternatives to litigation. Mediation or collaborative law approaches are potentially used to resolve divorce cases and may be able to save your family the additional time as compared to traditional litigation. Lyne Ranson is a certified family law mediator and has experience in representing clients in mediation and collaborative law divorces. Our attorneys can confidently advise you and assist you through the process of divorce, in addition to proposing alternative means for dispute resolution that will protect the best interests of your family.
Flexible appointment schedules
Nearly 50 years of combined legal experience
To learn how we can effectively protect your rights in divorce and other family disputes, contact our West Virginia family law attorneys or call our office at 304-932-0591 or toll free at 866-473-6213.