Grandparents' Rights Attorney in West Virginia

Family disputes can be extremely complex and involve competing interests between different families and generations. At Lyne Ranson Law Offices, PLLC, our attorneys are experienced in assisting grandparents to protect their rights to see their grandchildren residing in West Virginia.

You may have had a significant involvement in your grandchild's life and now because of a divorce, death, incarceration or other reason, be unable to see that child. Your child may be in the military and a spouse may prevent you from visiting.

Our attorneys will help you protect your rights and the best interests of your grandchildren. Contact our law office today at 304-932-0591 or toll free at 866-473-6213 to schedule an appointment.

Grandparents' Rights to Visitation and Custody

Grandparents' rights in West Virginia are extremely complex and require an experienced family lawyer. Our attorneys can assist you with any of the following:

Our West Virginia attorney will assist you in preparing your case to demonstrate that the parent is out of the picture or provide a compelling justification for your visitation or custody rights. We can also help you seek custody of your grandchild if both parents are unfit.

Protecting Your Rights If Refused Visitation

If you are a grandparent, you may be able to seek visitation if it is in the best interests of the child and you do not have access to your grandchild through your own child due to one of the following examples:

  • Precluded from seeing his or her child by a court order;
  • In the Armed Services and stationed away from the child;
  • In jail; or
  • Deceased.

If your grandchild was living with you for an extended period of time and recently was removed from your home by the custodial parent, you may also be able to seek visitation. Our West Virginia grandparents' rights attorneys will work hard to demonstrate that it is your right and in the best interests of your children to allow visitation.

If your child is with the noncustodial parent and unavailable and the custodial parent prevents you from seeing your grandchildren, you can turn to our firm for assistance.

Flexible appointment schedules
Nearly 45 years of combined legal experience

For more information or to speak with a grandparents' rights lawyer, contact our West Virginia law firm today at 304-932-0591 or toll free at 866-473-6213.